Sanitation – Part 1
Time limit: 45 days
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
Implementing an adequate food plant sanitation program is a critical and necessary prerequisite of any successful HACCP program or Food Safety System. Equally important is the regulatory inspection training to ensure that inspectors can identify potential weaknesses in development, implementation, verification and validation of SSOP programs. FDA inspectors along with contracted state, local and tribal regulatory agencies are charged with ensuring current Good Manufacturing Practices under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, which includes food plant sanitation programs. This online course will describe necessary elements of a proper food plant sanitation program and common weaknesses observed.
- Introduce sanitation practices in food processing facilities.
- Teach sanitation principles and the requirements for a food sanitation program.
- Prepare students for real life plant sanitation inspections.
- Identify equipment design flaws impacting proper equipment cleaning and sanitation.
- Inspector will be able to analyze and evaluate a food plant sanitation program for areas of concern or improvement.
- Inspector will be able to analyze and evaluate a food plant sanitation program for overall effectiveness in plant food safety program.
This course is 1.5 CEU.